Foundation settlement can seriously compromise the structural integrity of your home, making it critical to consult experts as soon as possible.
Innovative Basement Authority has been a leader in providing exceptional foundation repair services for nearly twenty years. Our experienced professionals diagnose the root causes of foundation settlement and employ robust techniques to stabilize and potentially elevate your home’s foundation, sealing any existing cracks.
Let us navigate you through the intricate aspects of foundation settlement, empowering you to make well-informed decisions for your home’s safety.
What Is Foundation Settlement?
Foundation settlement happens when the foundation of a home begins to sink into the ground, typically due to the soil beneath the structure becoming unable to support its weight.
The issue can evolve gradually over many years or suddenly occur in response to environmental conditions such as heavy rain or prolonged drought. Symptoms may include walls that crack, windows and doors that stick, and uneven floors.
Innovative Basement Authority offers a diverse range of repair methods designed to halt and reverse foundation sinking. From push piers to helical piers and slab piers, we are experts in fortifying your home’s foundation to inhibit further settlement.
What Causes Foundation Settlement?
Multiple factors can lead to foundation settlement:
- Soil Drying: Drought conditions can cause clay soil to shrink, creating spaces that contribute to foundation settlement. Large trees in the vicinity can worsen the situation by absorbing more moisture from the soil.
- Soil Saturation: Excess moisture causes the clay soil to expand, exerting pressure on the foundation walls. As the soil dries, it shrinks and leaves gaps, making the foundation more prone to sinking.
- Poor Soil Compaction: Sometimes, soil used in construction isn’t adequately compacted, becoming further compressed under the weight of the building over time.
- Soil Erosion: Poor drainage and clogged gutters can hasten the erosion of soil around the foundation, undermining its supportive capacity.
Can You Fix Foundation Settlement?
Yes, resolving foundation settlement is possible! The goal is to stabilize your foundation by transferring its weight to solid ground or bedrock deep underneath your property.
For the most part, a full foundation replacement is rarely needed. More effective and less invasive solutions exist, and Innovative Basement Authority is your top choice for these repair methods.
How to Fix Foundation Settlement
Innovative Basement Authority deploys state-of-the-art techniques to address foundation settlement:
- Push Piers: These are steel piers hydraulically driven deep into the ground, which serve to support your foundation by attaching to the footings.
- Helical Piers: These are twisted steel piers installed into the ground under your foundation, anchoring it to stable soils.
- Slab Piers: These are employed specifically for homes with slab foundations, reinforcing and potentially elevating any settled concrete slabs.
Our comprehensive array of steel foundation piers not only stabilizes your home but may also lift your foundation back to its original height. This action can correct misaligned door and window frames and seal cracks.
Why Address Foundation Settlement Now?
Ignoring foundation issues is ill-advised for several reasons:
- Prevent Further Damage: Settlement issues tend to worsen over time, eventually requiring extensive repairs.
- Enhance Safety: Severe settlement can lead to unstable walls and uneven floors, posing safety hazards.
- Protect Your Investment: Your property’s value diminishes with foundation issues, but prompt repairs can restore it.
- Achieve Peace of Mind: Our long-lasting solutions assure enduring stability for your home.
For long-term solutions to your foundation settlement problems, Innovative Basement Authority offers specialized products and seasoned experts. Book your free inspection and receive a repair estimate today!
Contact Innovative Basement Authority for Foundation Settlement Solutions
Procrastination is not your friend when it comes to foundation settlement.
Our highly qualified technicians at Innovative Basement Authority are ready to assess your home’s foundational issues. They will provide tailored, long-lasting repair strategies based on their evaluations.
We offer a no-obligation free inspection. Contact us now for the initial step toward a more secure, stable home.
Foundation Settlement FAQs
Foundation settlement is usually measured using leveling instruments, soil tests, and sometimes even laser leveling techniques to determine the extent and areas of settlement.
The price varies depending on the extent of the damage and the repair techniques employed. Innovative Basement Authority provides a free, no-commitment inspection and offers multiple financing options to fit your budget.
Yes, some degree of foundation settlement is common in new homes as the soil adjusts to the weight of the new structure. However, significant or uneven settlement can be a concern and should be evaluated by professionals.