Sinking Concrete Slab
As a homeowner, ensuring the structural soundness of your property is important. An essential part of this is the reliability and stability of concrete slabs. Although concrete is durable, it has its weaknesses.
A sinking concrete slab, whether in your driveway, walking path, or within your home, is more than a visual nuisance. It might indicate deeper soil problems that could compromise your home’s foundation.
Innovative Basement Authority recognizes the concerns associated with sinking concrete slabs. We’ve developed dedicated solutions to lift and level your home’s concrete slabs.
In this guide, discover the reasons behind sinking concrete slabs, their impact on your home, and how our expert concrete lifting techniques offer the repair you need.
What Is a Sinking Concrete Slab?
When concrete descends unevenly, causing noticeable depressions or cracks, you’re observing a sinking slab. This condition not only detracts from your property’s appearance but also introduces safety risks, especially the danger of tripping.
Such sinking issues can emerge in various locations such as:
- Pool decks
Sinking slabs might also exhibit signs of:
- Pitting, flaking, and staining
It’s imperative to recognize and address these indicators promptly. A proactive stance can prevent extensive damage and revive the area’s original allure. Should you encounter these problems, remember to reach out to a specialized concrete repair service like Innovative Basement Authority.
What Causes a Sinking Concrete Slab?
There are numerous reasons for sinking slabs:
- Settling Soil: Over time, soil beneath the slab may settle, especially if not adequately compacted, leading to sinking during arid conditions.
- Eroding Soil: Inadequate drainage or movement can erode the soil, leaving concrete without support.
- Excessive Precipitation: Constant moisture from precipitation can expand and shift the soil, undermining the slab.
- Poor Drainage: Inefficient gutters and downspouts lead to water buildup, worsening soil-related problems.
- Tree Roots: Expanding tree roots can dislodge soil, causing slab elevation. Conversely, decaying roots can result in sinking.
- Freeze-thaw Cycles: Regular freezing and thawing can agitate the supporting soil.
- Installation Errors: Flawed slab installation approaches can set the stage for ensuing complications.
Swiftly addressing these core issues is essential to protect your home’s foundation.
Can You Fix a Sinking Concrete Slab?
Yes! It’s vital to repair sunken slabs quickly. Early identification and rectification present more solutions.
A comprehensive approach encompassing drainage and repair ensures the most lasting results. Innovative Basement Authority employs SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™, a state-of-the-art polyurethane injection technique, for elevating exterior sunken slabs. For foundational issues, slab piers may be needed to permanently stabilize your foundation.
Every home is unique, demanding a distinct solution. Contact our team of experts to determine the optimal solution for your property.
How to Fix a Sinking Concrete Slab
To elevate sunken slabs, Innovative Basement Authority follows a meticulous process, refined through nearly two decades of experience:
- Inspect problematic concrete slabs.
- Verify the need for PolyRenewal™ or other repairs.
- Drill penny-sized holes into the affected concrete.
- Affix installation ports in the holes.
- Mix proprietary closed-cell polyurethane foam.
- Inject foam under the concrete slab.
- Allow foam to fill the void under the slab, effectively lifting the concrete.
- Let the foam cure (approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove injection ports.
- Fill and smooth the drilled holes.
- Seal cracks and joints to prevent future damage.
- Regularly inspect and maintain the concrete slabs for lasting protection.
Our specialized solutions are designed to address your specific challenges, ensuring unparalleled effectiveness and longevity.
Why Should You Address a Sinking Concrete Slab Immediately?
Repairing sinking slabs without delay is imperative for several reasons:
- Safety Precautions: Sinking slabs pose significant trip and fall hazards.
- Ongoing Descent: Without corrective measures, slabs continue their downward trajectory.
- Structural Repercussions: Neglecting underlying soil issues can compromise walls and foundational structures.
- Water Accumulation: Sunken areas encourage water collection, intensifying the potential for damage.
- Aesthetic and Resale Value: Deteriorating slabs can undermine your home’s appearance and overall market value.
Innovative Basement Authority delivers unparalleled solutions to these problems, ensuring enduring and effective results.
Reach Out to Innovative Basement Authority for Reliable Concrete Lifting Services
Don’t let seemingly minor complications escalate into major repair bills. If you observe sinking or uneven concrete slabs, contact Innovative Basement Authority immediately for a free inspection and quote.
Our team of specialists employs cutting-edge diagnostic tools and our exclusive PolyRenewal™ solution to ensure the safety, stability, and longevity of your property.
Wet weather can exacerbate soil erosion, while freeze-thaw cycles can further destabilize the ground beneath the slab, increasing the risk of sinking.
With the PolyRenewal™ method, slabs are operational just 15 minutes post-treatment. The entirety of the project can vary depending on the slab’s dimensions and the degree of damage. A precise timeline will be provided during your complimentary inspection.
While tree roots are commonly associated with lifting or cracking concrete, they can also lead to uneven soil compaction, which can cause sections of concrete to sink.
Last Modified Date: