Every homeowner wants a perfect, hazard-free sidewalk. An uneven and cracked sidewalk disrupts your home’s charm and poses risks for family and visitors alike. Innovative Basement Authority is dedicated to helping homeowners like you with our concrete lifting methods. Our SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™ solution tackles those unsightly sidewalk cracks and strengthens the soil underneath, ensuring peace of mind for years to come.
What Is a Cracked Sidewalk?
Visible fractures characterize a cracked sidewalk or split in the concrete pathway typically adjoining a home or business.
Think of a cracked sidewalk as more than just an eyesore next to your beautiful home. Beyond cosmetic concerns, these cracks can be a trip hazard or indicate more profound structural problems.
Other signs of wear to look for include:
- Concrete pitting, flaking, and staining
- Cracked driveway
- Sinking concrete steps
- Cracked concrete patio
- Sinking porch
- Cracked pool deck
A cracked sidewalk only gets worse with time. Cracks that are left unaddressed sink further, increasing the problem. Innovative Basement Authority is here to help you.
Why Do Sidewalks Crack?
Every homeowner should be aware of these common causes of sidewalk cracks:
- Soil Issues: Over time, soil beneath the concrete may erode or compress, undermining the sidewalk’s stability.
- Tree Roots: As trees grow, their roots can push up and fracture the concrete.
- Climate Impact: Harsh weather conditions, including multiple freeze-thaw cycles, can amplify existing cracks or degrade the soil.
- Installation Hurdles: A rushed job or unstable base can lead to premature sidewalk damage.
Understanding these causes can guide us to the best solution, ensuring your home remains safe and beautiful.
Is Repairing a Cracked Sidewalk Doable?
Absolutely! While there are DIY measures, many provide only short-term relief. For a lasting solution, consider an expert repair.
Innovative Basement Authority focuses on not just patching up the cracks but addressing the root cause. Our PolyRenewal™ system lifts, stabilizes, and rejuvenates your sidewalk, promising lasting results by strengthening the soil beneath your slabs.
How We Repair Cracked Sidewalks
While each installation is slightly different because of your home’s unique characteristics, here’s a peek into our homeowner-friendly approach:
- Perform a thorough inspection, pinpointing the factors causing the cracks and determining the ideal solutions like PolyRenewal™.
- Drill small, penny-sized openings into the affected areas.
- Insert injection ports into the holes.
- Blend together our proprietary two-part polymer foam.
- Pump the foam underneath the sunken slabs through the ports.
- The foam expands rapidly, filling voids, and hardens in 15 minutes.
- The sidewalk slab is lifted, and the soil underneath is stabilized.
- Remove the injection ports and patch the drilled holes.
- Seal all cracks and joints to prevent future water damage.
- Check periodically and maintain the sidewalk to maximize durability.
Not only is this method less intrusive than replacement and far superior to traditional techniques like mudjacking, but it also promises long-lasting results to uphold your home’s beauty and safety.
Why You Should Address Sidewalk Cracks Now
Don’t wait. Delaying will amplify concerns. Addressing the issue promptly:
- Ensures Safety: Prevent potential tripping hazards for your family and visitors.
- Preserve Property Value: Enhance your home’s appeal and market value.
- Cost Efficiency: Early fixes can stave off future costly repairs or replacements.
Trust Innovative Basement Authority to lift and level your sidewalks with expertise and care to fully repair sidewalks. Our solutions offer unparalleled benefits as compared to replacement or mudjacking.
Reach Out to Innovative Basement Authority for Genuine Concrete Lifting Solutions
Elevate the safety, beauty, and value of your home. Let our team at Innovative Basement Authority restore the charm and functionality of your sidewalks.
Over our nearly 20 years of dedicated service, homeowners have trusted our expertise, and you can too. With thousands of online reviews, you know you’re in good hands.
Contact us for a free, no-obligation inspection, and let’s enhance and repair your home’s sidewalk appeal and safety.
Yes, hairline cracks are thin and shallow, typically resulting from surface shrinkage, while structural cracks are deeper, wider, and can indicate more serious issues with the sidewalk’s integrity.
Yes, freeze-thaw cycles in our colder climate can cause water in the concrete to freeze and expand, leading to cracks. Excessive heat can also cause concrete to expand and result in cracks.
In many municipalities, property owners are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the sidewalk adjacent to their property, but this can vary by local regulations.
Last Modified Date: